Monday, March 28, 2011

Questioning Fate--Fringe Theory

Here I will pick up where I left off in my questioning fate post. I wasn't aware that it was going to have a continuation and yet, here we are.

So.... what if life is just one big choose your own adventure book? What if each choice leads down a certain path that has a certain ending. And what if each story is already written for each choice, until the possible scenarios become infinite. Suppose if this is true, what if each of these paths are being lived in different planes of existence. Maybe there is another you in another dimension somewhere, living the life you would have had if you chose to go right instead of left. Suppose time isn't linear but a continuum. Repeating and repeating either simultaneously or in a giant loop. If this were the case, is there really any choice at all?

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!

~Robert Frost - The Road Not Taken

No comments:

Post a Comment